The purpose of this documentation is both to provide detailed descriptions of YubiHSM 2 concepts and to function as a reference for commands and APIs provided. Before setting up YubiHSM 2 for the first time, familiarize yourself with the basic concepts and terminology used in the product documentation contained within these pages as well as in the software itself.
The YubiHSM 2 SDK documentation and usage guides are enhanced continuously. Please check back regularly to see what is new.
- Releases provides access to release notes, downloads, resolved and known issues, and limitations.
- Product Overview (this section) gives a high-level description of the YubiHSM 2 offering; product specifications, contents of the SDK, and how to get help.
- Concepts explains the foundational concepts used; understanding of these concepts is necessary in order to use YubiHSM 2.
- Commands provides an inventory of all available commands, with yubihsm-shell usage examples.
- Component Reference is a collection of reference materials for the components included in the SDK:
- The core libraries
- The PKCS#11 module
- The Shell
- The Key Storage Provider, and more.
- Back Up and Restore. The YubiHSM 2 supports encrypted export and import of objects using a symmetric AES-CCM based scheme.
- Usage Guides supply a number of examples for using the YubiHSM 2: